Sunday, August 27, 2006

Getting Started

Task: Creating a blog.

Time stolen from: Got up early (6:45 am on a Sunday)

I always try to sleep in on the weekends. Always. Not too late, usually until 8 or 8:30 am. Having children who get up early, and two of our three dogs sleeping in the bedroom with us, who start panting and whining to be let out anytime they hear the covers shift or an alarm go off anytime after 5 am has made the stay up late/wake up late weekend a legend of the distant past. But the room was hot, and I tossed and turned, looking at the clock, and finally got out of bed to get this started.

Spent the last two days at the Columbus Writers Conference and pitched the 15-Minute Writer concept to three agents. Two of which are interested in seeing a proposal. Time to get off my duff and start working on it. I have a rough draft of the book that I've used for a class last year, but it is far from what I want the finished product to look like. I hope the proposal will help me organize my thoughts better.

No comments: