Thursday, September 07, 2006

Catching up at lunch time

Task(s): Writing proposal intro; drafting comparative titles

Time stolen from: Time gained from working from home instead of commuting

I work from home on Tuesdays and Wednesdays which saves about 70 to 75 minutes a day in commute time, even when I subtract the time it takes to drop off my daughter at school in the morning. At the end of my workday I set the blue timer and try to work on one or two 15-minute writing assignments and this seems to work well. This is the first post-Labor Day week of school and it seems like all sorts of activities start up now: Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Board Meetings, planning meetings, writing classes, etc. If I don't put in that time right after my work shift, many nights it won't get done.

I am amazed at how drafting this proposal clarifies my thinking about the book and helps me slide the sections into a logical order. I'm almost ready to rewrite my example chapters and start constructing the proposed table-of-contents.

Upcoming Tasks:

No comments: